SHELDON COLLEGE iLINQ: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Last revised 6 June 2017
By selecting the “I agree to be legally bound by the Terms and Conditions of use for this website” option you agree to be bound by the following terms (Terms of Service) that apply to your use of iLINQ and any other system or service which you are authorised to access using iLINQ (Single Sign On Service). You should read and understand the Terms of Service before agreeing to be bound by them. iLINQ is designed, updated and maintained by Sheldon College to support the learning, teaching and operational needs of the College and for communication between members of the Sheldon College Community.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
2. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, you will exit the site immediately and advise Sheldon College so that your account can be de-activated.
3. Individual iLINQ pages may be inspected for compliance with these Terms and Conditions at any time.
4. Sheldon College may suspend your access to iLINQ if there are reasonable grounds for us to suspect that you have breached these Terms and Conditions, prior to us investigating the matter fully.
5. Inappropriate use and/or violation of any of these Terms and Conditions of Use may result in the loss of privileges to use iLINQ and may also result in civil and/or criminal consequences.
1. Account holders (Staff, Students and Parents) are issued with account credentials for iLINQ. These credentials are used to determine which information is accessible to the account holder.
2. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the account credentials (user login name and password) you use to access iLINQ.
3. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
4. If you select to Remember Me, you agree that any access or use of the app or access to the iLINQ system using your login credentials will be deemed as being accessed by you.
5. Any information that you contribute to iLINQ is identifiable to your account along with the date and time of the contribution. The information will be widely accessible (i.e. available to all other iLINQ users) unless you take steps to deliberately restrict access.
6. You must notify Sheldon College immediately if your account credentials are misused or become disclosed, so that your account can be secured and alternative credentials provided to protect the integrity of your ongoing use of the service.
7. You are responsible and liable for any other person using your account. These Terms and Conditions will apply to such use as if the use was made by you.
8. In the event of a family separation or other events necessitating different access arrangements, you will inform Sheldon College at the earliest opportunity so that iLINQ and the Parent Directory can be configured appropriately.
9. Sheldon College does not guarantee or warrant that access to iLINQ will be uninterrupted, without delay, error-free, omission-free or free of viruses.
USE OF iLINQ
1. iLINQ must only be used to support the learning, teaching and operational activities of Sheldon College.
2. You acknowledge and agree that administrators of iLINQ may monitor your use of iLINQ or any Authorised System.
4. Sheldon College may collect personal information (in the form of student names, and any parent/guardian/carer names, emails, phone details and addresses provided in the FRESCO Directory address block) for the purpose of:
4.1 the proposed iLINQ version and the paper-based version of the Sheldon College Parent Directory (this information will be available to staff, parents/guardians/carers and other students unless you request that any or all of the information collected is not disclosed); and
4.2 improving security and privacy for Sheldon College systems.
5. Sheldon College may change or abolish the iLINQ service, or any element thereof, at any time.
6. You will use contact details contained on this site to communicate with others in the Sheldon College community for personal and non-commercial purposes only, in a respectful and civil manner, at reasonable times.
7. Under no circumstances should the contact details contained on this site be used for the purposes of marketing, including telemarketing.
8. Where you provide personal information relating to another person, you warrant that you have authority to do so.
9. You will keep information contained on this site about others in the Sheldon College community confidential and not share the information with any other person, even with other members of the Sheldon College community. However, if you are a member of Sheldon College staff, it is recognised that, at times, you may share confidential information with internal and external parties to carry out your professional and legal responsibilities.
10. You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on iLINQ.
GOVERNING LAW, COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1. iLINQ and its content can be used only for lawful purposes.
2. Use of iLINQ will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Queensland, Australia. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
3. Copyright belongs to the original author or publisher of the content/resource.
4. The material on iLINQ (including but not limited to logos, branding, text, images, program code, animations, video) is protected under Australian and international copyright and other laws governing protection of intellectual property rights. Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
4.1 republish or redistribute material from iLINQ (including on other websites or forums);
4.2 sell, rent or sub-license material from iLINQ;
4.3 create derivative works from materials in iLINQ;
4.4 show any material from iLINQ in public use; or
4.5 use material from iLINQ for any commercial purpose.
1. If you contribute information to iLINQ, you agree to provide correct information and keep it up to date.
2. You will not add any information/content which is, or which may be considered to be, offensive, threatening, defamatory, racist, discriminatory or illegal.
3. The Content is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including as to accuracy, timeliness and completeness. If errors are brought to the attention of Sheldon College, all reasonable efforts will be made to correct them.
4. Sheldon College assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in iLINQ content and further disclaims any liability of any nature for any loss whatsoever caused in connection with using iLINQ information to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. iLINQ is designed as an aid to revision, homework and assessment and Sheldon College strives to ensure the content in iLINQ provides a valuable educational experience. No warranty, express or implied, is given as to the effectiveness of such material as an educational tool, and Sheldon College does not accept any liability for unsatisfactory examination results.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
1. Links to other websites or online services that are accessible from iLINQ may contain terms and conditions that are different from the Terms and Conditions for iLINQ. You agree to check the terms and conditions of any third party site that you access via iLINQ.
2. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Sheldon College of any linked site. Sheldon College does not control or endorse these sites, and is not responsible or liable for the accuracy, legality, or any other aspect of the content of such sites or for any damage or injury arising in connection with your access to and/or use of such sites.
Last revised 6 June 2017